Why should I become a member?

Why become a member when I can look in without it?

Why should I become a member?

Postby Karl » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:37 am

Friends,
You would benefit from membership in 2 ways:
1.) You can post. Some may not be interested in this and prefer to just read.
2.) You will be aware of any posts that are new since your last visit and I think that this would be the benefit I would miss most as a non-member.
Karl
Site Admin

Postby BettyF » Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:58 pm

Hi Karl,
For me, the greatest benefit to membership is to be able to ask questions and receive very knowledgeble answers.

These have helped me throughout the whole time I have been a member.

You guys (and gals) are GREAT!
We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust our sails.
BettyF

Postby Ernie » Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:19 pm

I was suprised a few years ago ? When the subject of this
Wonderful site came up in casual converstation. ..
I know of at least one person for sure !!! that visits and never
has yet to join..``
Sheese... even ``eye love`` to post just to soooowop in and scare
The Le Poop.. outta you nose Hoo Hoo.. :lol:
In fact it was you know who..I found here
after metting him in a sense
long ago`` :shock: :grin:
Eye Love This Place !!!...
Sure Wish eye hadda little mo time.. ``Two Bee Hear`` :wink:
Ernie

Postby Halcanada » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:18 pm

Heck it is good being able to post here! I post stuff that goes from the sublime to the ridiculous! I better curb that though. I imagine with all my comments/observations on here about eye sign and other stuff, many members get the feeling "Sheesh! Don't he ever shut up?"
Ummm.. I think so myself at times! But I do learn a lot here. So if non members don't post, then I and others could be missing out on some very good information. If one is willing to share.
Halcanada

Postby Joseph Erwin » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:18 am

I think the best thing about becoming a member is that ,you have the opertunity to post , I must admit when I joined ,I joined so I could see the little pigeon light up on the left hand side of the page ,telling me that there was a new post . I had no intention of conversing with anyone on the computor. After awile after joining I was compeled to speak about something that no one was responding to (not sure even what that was .) After posting I was very pleased with the response ,"be not afraid I say" for the Alberta Classic site if brimming with info and positve coments(not always what you want to here) but this is an open forum and we can gro and learn from aposing comments . Well here I am with well over 100 posts and still having fun and learning , If you told me a year ago I would be studying the eye theory I would say your crazy but with all that I have read on this site and how pasianate some are on this theory . I have decied to get an eye loop and study some eyes . Oposing comments are generaly addressed in a respectful manner .Join up you have got to keep your mind open ,to learn, learn and learn some more , for I have very much enjoyed the Alberta classic site . And consider all to be my friends !!! ||^^ ||^^ ||^^
Joseph Erwin

Postby connie » Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:25 am

It is like coming home... to a good cup of coffee... you need it first thing in the morning and last thing at night. Honest answers and honest replies... whether in agreement or not.

PS. LOL. I see what Roly is always saying about 'eyesign' taking over each string... so far 4 of the 5 replies have mentioned it. Oh well, when you get a winner...run with it. That is one of the joys here... you must read all the strings because you never know when any one string will branch out to a new topic and it may be what you have been looking for for years. One word in a post can set someone off, with good details that no one thought to ask about.
connie

Postby repete » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:19 am

==schlaf==
This string has been asleep for almost two years !!
u=p=d=a=t=e
So why wake it up :?: :?:

:evil: Well for one thing. it is apparent that the other discussion group is practicing the tack taken by many pigeon clubs .................. Change the Boundary Lines. (\\)

Karl deserves a lot of credit in this area ............... he may edit some posts but he hasn't shut anyone out.

Keep up the good work. |thumbs_up|
For any success I may have in this game, I owe to one person, "MY DAD" -- His motto :
Best to Best !
repete

Postby Karl » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:46 am

Thanks, Pete.
It's OK to attack or disagree with ideas.
The only thing I would edit are personal attacks because they may hurt enough to have members leave and I think that we need all contributors. We are lucky in that neither I nor any of the moderators had to intervene much these past years. Keep it up! :smile: ||^^
Karl
Site Admin

Re: Why should I become a member?

Postby Eyesign101 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:54 am

I'M WRITING THIS BECAUSE IT HAS BEEN BOTHERING ME FOR A LONG TIME & IT'S TIME TO SAY SOMETHING. WHEN YOU BECOME A MEMBER I FEEL IT SHOULD BE MANDATORY TO GIVE YOUR PERSONAL E-MAIL IN REGISTRATION. THERE ALSO SHOULD BE MORE INFO GIVEN ABOUT YOURSELF TO GIVE THOSE WHO POST THE KNOWLEDGE OF YOUR WHERE ABOUTS & YOUR INTERESTS. WHAT OTHER WAY TO GET TO KNOW ANYONE.????????????????? DIFFERENT ANSWERS FOR DIFFERENT PARTS OF THE COUNRTY OR A FOREIGN COUNTRY. MAKE SENSE ????? IT SURE DOES TO ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Eyesign101
Eye Sign 101

Postby Halcanada » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:40 pm

People like privacy.
Halcanada

Postby Karl » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:56 pm

Halcanada wrote:People like privacy.

That may very well be the case, Hal, but when one joins a discussion table where others lay it out into the open like you do one should have the courtesy to do likewise, at the least make an attempt to do so.
That's the reason I insist on real names during registration and that is really the extend I can go, Myron. A lot of registrants have problems with a simple procedure like logging in and I just hope that the ones that come on board eventually see that we are an open considerate bunch of people here. :grin:
Karl
Site Admin

Postby Halcanada » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:01 pm

K. Point taken. Reasonable requirement.
Halcanada

Postby Jeff » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:11 pm

I agree with you 100% Myron
Grateful I'm looking down at the grass today, and not up at it.
Jeff

Postby Eyesign101 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:56 pm

WELL JEFF, I GUESS ROGER DID NOT READ THE POST ON POSTING YOUR INFO. WHERE THE HELL IS HE FROM.???? IT DOESN'T EVEN SAY WHAT COUNTRY HE'S FROM, NEVER MIND A TOWN OR CITY !!!!!!!!!!! WHAT GIVES.???????????????
Eyesign101
Eye Sign 101

Postby Jeff » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:07 pm

Oh well, nothing we can do about it, no use stressing over it Myron
Grateful I'm looking down at the grass today, and not up at it.
Jeff

Postby Eyesign101 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:05 am

JEFF, I BEG TO DIFFER YOU & ANY OTHERS WHO THINK THIS WAY. NOW FOR THE GUY WHO JUST JOINED A FEW DAYS AGO. WHO THE HELL ARE YOU & WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU FROM.?????????? IF YOU,VE BEEN LOOKING & LISTENING HERE, YOU KNOW WHO WE ALL ARE, BUT, WE KNOW DIDDLY SQUAT ABOUT YOU.

SO, LET'S HAVE YOU.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Eyesign101
Eye Sign 101

Postby Karl » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:38 am

Eyesign101 wrote:WELL JEFF, I GUESS ROGER DID NOT READ THE POST ON POSTING YOUR INFO. WHERE THE HELL IS HE FROM.???? IT DOESN'T EVEN SAY WHAT COUNTRY HE'S FROM, NEVER MIND A TOWN OR CITY !!!!!!!!!!! WHAT GIVES.???????????????

Well, Myron, since there is so much low-life out there that wants to swindle people of their hard earned money I have found it necessary to do the registration myself and all I use for this are name and email address. I could spend another half hour for each to add some other data that they give me but frankly I feel that this is too much work for me. Anyone can update his/her profile if he/she so chooses. If you really are very interested to know more about someone there is nothing and nobody to stop you from contacting that person and ask in a polite fashion. Most would probably answer.
Karl
Site Admin

Postby Halcanada » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:43 pm

Myron. You are paranoid. You want to be open about everything? Fine! Post your credit card number!!LOL!
Halcanada

Postby Halcanada » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:31 pm

Newest member. Put his name in Google. From Portugal. Speedway lofts. May have just signed the guest book there. Did not wait for the Portugese to English translation. Computer is slow. Hard to get in to this site at times.
Halcanada

Postby Joe Grimes » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:40 pm

Couldn't really find a place for introductions so I will post it here.

I have had racers for 5 years now but due to an unexpected change in jobs and a recent move I could not fly locally. Now that we have moved and I almost have my loft complete I will race this season starting with YBs. I live in West/Central Maryland, USA and will fly with the Cumberland Valley Racing Club which is part of the United Pigeon Combine of the IF. I did have a very successful family of American Show Rollers for about 20 years prior to that so I am not a total rookie to the pigeon world.

I have mostly Janssen based breeders based around some of the lines Mike Ganus made famous. I love to breed!!! Probably my biggest fault as a breeder. I believe in inbreeding/linebreeding to keep control of the gene pool but also believe that you must always look for the cross that will improve your bloodlines. Of course that experience comes from my show birds and spending my life around cattle and horses. I may develop a totally different theory with the race birds. I do believe that performance and the basket should dictate.

I am very curious about the light/dark systems and used a light system approach to push the molt on my show birds. I am also very curious as to how to test the true orientation of our birds because our training methods seem to train their memory. Or is that just the way we develop their orientation?????

I look forward to all correspondence and hope that I may become a contributor as I gain experience.
Joe Grimes
Aviator/Black Widow - Creator - Sure Bet
www.TurnedLuck.com
Joe Grimes

Postby connie » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:35 am

Welcome and Good Luck with your races.
connie

Postby TMak » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:58 am

Welcome to the site Joe..........I am sure you will find many hours of enjoyment with your "new" racing pigeons. There are no right or wrong ways to do things; racing, breedingn etc and it is not always about winning either.....you will grow in your own way and develop ideas and systems that you enjoy. Don't be afraid to start or jump in on any conversation.
Enjoy the friendship and the pigeons!
TMak

Postby David Kaplan » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:00 pm

Welcome Joe! Being a fairly new member myself ... participated in the races for the first time this year, I can truly say that I have learned a lot about racing pigeons from the discussions etc. on this forum/site. I trust that you will be a quick study, with good success and that you will enjoy the hobby even more than me! |****| |||||^^

Last bumped by Karl on Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:00 pm.
The courage of these birds continue to amaze me!
David Kaplan

Return to Benefits of Membership