Knox Mak Young Bird auction

Anything related to auctions, local or world wide.

Knox Mak Young Bird auction

Postby TMak » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:50 pm

Just a heads up for those who might be bidding on birds at this auction.....
Red Checker 2963 is probably a HEN
Blue bar 2951 is probably a COCK
Checker Pied 2947 could also be a HEN
I am pretty sure the other sexes are correct.
YB's are difficult/impossible to guarantee sexes.....so I wanted to relay this info - the way I am seeing things now that they have been at my loft now for the last week or two.....
Enjoy the friendship and the pigeons!
TMak

Postby TMak » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:18 am

For anyone who is wondering about the Tmak bids on 4 of the Knox Mak birds.....yes, it is me. I will give Jim Knox his share of the money and keep them. They are off my very best birds - so I don't mind buying them back - as they are very nice birds. I just wanted to be up front with you all.
TMak

Postby Karl » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:46 am

I don't see a problem with that.
IMHP, these birds could certainly help most fanciers be more competitive, especially in our club. Some members of which are busy instead planning how best to decrease the competition by excluding the lofts that fly with pigeons that have an adequate amount of feathers. |#|
Karl
Site Admin

Postby Mike van der Jagt » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:19 pm

Hi Karl

Some members of which are busy instead planning how best to decrease the competition by excluding the lofts that fly with pigeons that have an adequate amount of feathers.

Does this mean that there is talk in the Edmonton Club of banning the young bird systems?

The CJC and I believe some of the NY City clubs passed a five flight rule many years ago in an attempt to stop progress and weaken the competition. I hope the same thing is not being contemplated in Edmonton?? Yikes!!

Mike
Mike van der Jagt

Postby Halcanada » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:39 pm

Does this mean that there is talk in the Edmonton Club of banning the young bird systems?

If so ban widowhood cocks and dual widowhood. Ban Baytril, ban supplements. Ban meds of all kinds. Ban birds bred out of imports.
Always amazes me how the fliers on the bottom of the results try these things. If the birds are not good enough to compete then they should either get better birds or better management.
Systems with old and young are here to stay. No point in going backwards.
Halcanada

Postby Karl » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:25 pm

Well, Mike, if my information is correct there apparently is a movement under consideration to have darkened birds fly "in a separate section", and this in a club that has barely a dozen fanciers participating, just two or three of which care enough for the well-being of their birds to regulate the molt.
Let's just hope that sanity will return.
Karl
Site Admin

Postby Mike van der Jagt » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:06 pm

I'm with you on that one Karl. Best of luck.
Mike van der Jagt

Postby TMak » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:51 pm

If they want a separate result and still have an overall rsults - I am good with it...paper is cheap and keeping a club together is more important than sticking with ones opinion. Compromise our way through the disatisfaction.......it should not be that difficult to satisfy everyone.
ps
I think that everyone should do their best to use good modern methods, but some would rather not think that hard. We still need a place for these fanciers....
TMak

Postby Karl » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:37 am

TMak wrote:If they want a separate result and still have an overall rsults - I am good with it....

My last information included a separate release - but if this is off the table we are moving closer to sanity.
Karl
Site Admin

Postby TMak » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:47 am

It is the worse thing about the sport......poor loosers who look at everything but themselves. One only hopes that the majority are racing pigeons for the the total picture and not just winning.
But I can always see compromise...........unless some push so hard in their opinion that others become offended.
These situations remeind me of friendly, sensible divorces that end up in shambles and both parties giving all of their wealth to Lawyers.....I urge everyone to think of the sport more than only their personal view.
TMak

Postby Karl » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:01 am

The sad aspect of this affair is that there will be less who use the darkening system, something so beneficial to the well-being of the birds. Jim Knox is expected to pack it in and I will not darken my birds this coming year. Who is left? Perhaps Klaus and Fred?
Karl
Site Admin

Return to Auctions