UK Auction

Anything related to auctions, local or world wide.

UK Auction

Postby Halcanada » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:40 pm

Halcanada

Re: UK Auction

Postby TMak » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:20 pm

Wow ! The guy who takes the pictures must drop them in a program that squeezes them in a certain shape.....because thewy all look the same to me...well colors are different but.................I am sure one would be surprised when you actually saw them in real life.....Ardens sure look nice :) Many of them came here - very few did much and I don't think any are still around Alberta..and winning!
Enjoy the friendship and the pigeons!
TMak

Postby Halcanada » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:57 pm

I have to agree about the shapes etc,. Seems like many sellers do it. I had Aardens off imports via Herman Gunnerman but no better than others I had. Busschearts, Dordins, Grooters etc never made much of an impact either. From some Des Mathys bought at a Tillsonburg auction years back did very well. Plus some cross bred Dark checks from Karl Gardony. seems the Jannsen and Jannsen based birds do the best. But just an observation. Seems crosses are the order of the day.
Halcanada

Postby David Ottaway » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:53 pm

I personally hate when they do this.You cant see the real bird,they hide it.I have sent e mails to those sites that they are showing dishonesty by hiding the true stamp of the pigeons.I would not buy from a site like that.JMO
David Ottaway

Postby TMak » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:55 pm

I agree DaveO.....I enjoy the individuality of pigeons but they are in the business of selling and it must work.

Hal;Crossing is better for performance....but inbreeding and crossing can be good way too.....IMO - as long as they don't all look and handle the same....Years ago some fanciers aimed for that - not me - I like having related pigeons but still give me lots of variety = vitality....However, there are more good pigeons than pigeon fanciers......is still true...ps - I have turned into a lousy fancier....well, not a real good one....too lazy these days. Still if the weather is warmer - like today - I can and do enjoy pigeons.....and look forward to the day they can be outside racing across the sky. :)
Enjoy the friendship and the pigeons!
TMak

Return to Auctions